Apart from his trial experience, James has experience in advising clients on the following matters:
- Breaches of director and fiduciary duties, and governance failures.
- Contractual disputes and debt recovery.
- Retail and commercial lease disputes.
- Partnership, shareholder and membership disputes, “splits”, dissolutions and winding-up applications.
- Supervised Case List and Commercial List matters.
- Property law – disputes over complex company and trust structures.
- Parenting matters – international relocation and Hague Convention (International Abduction).
- Child support matters – applications to change assessment and binding child support agreements.
- Domestic violence.
- Binding financial agreements (including those entered outside Australia).
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science
- Masters of Business (Finance)
- Bachelor of Laws at the University of Queensland, and
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice from the College of Law
Outside of the practice of law, James is actively involved in his local community and serves at his local Church. His leadership contributions include:
- Council of Lutheran Education Queensland – Consultant – 2022 to 2023.
- Carinity (a Public Benevolent Institution) – Board Member – 2020 to present.
- Gateway Baptist Church – Risk and Compliance Sub-Committee – 2020 to present.
- Queensland Law Society Innovation Committee – Member – 2019 to 2022.
- Redeemer Lutheran College Risk and Compliance Sub-Committee – Chairperson – 2019 to present.
- Redeemer Lutheran College Council Member – 2016 to 2020.
James also has experience practicing in Fiji where he obtained a temporary practicing certificate as part of a secondment called Lawyers Exchange and Development (LEAD) program. This program was a pilot project of the Kingdom International Legal Network.